Rosemount Irish Girls Golf Team Training
Our practices will focus on these aspects of golf:
- Ball Position
- A preshot routine that incorporates these elements
Our goal: a repeating swing that delivers the desired result, no matter how it looks.
- Club path
- Angle of approach
- Centeredness of contact
- Face angle at impact
Short Game (Controlling the trajectory and roll)
- Approach Shots
- Escape shots
Full Swing (Controlling the trajectory and roll)
- Fairway Shots
- Tee Shots
The Skills of Competitive Golf-
- Know your priorities (Be committed to what you value)
- Be physically fit (Be an athlete)
- Dealing with course conditions (Being prepared)
- Dealing with expectations (Staying in the present)
- Dealing with emotions (Knowing yourself)
- Dealing with distractions, including opponents (Staying focused)
- Following the rules of golf (Honesty)
- Observing good golf etiquette (Respect)
- Adjusting to conditions (Being flexible)
- Playing to position (Having a plan)
- Escaping trouble (Adjusting the plan)
- Learning to win (Working the plan to success)
Set goals to improve in each of these areas.
- Have a dream.
- Visualize exactly what you want to accomplish. Make sure it is YOUR dream.
- Create goals based on your dreams.
- Write it down.
- Be specific.
- It must be realistic and you must be able to measure your progress.
- Put a date down to accomplish it.
- Break every goal down into smaller parts.
- Identify those people who can help you.
- Readjust the goals as you go. You change, so will your goals.